Tuesday, April 10, 2012

InStyle Daily Beauty Tip: Loose Updo

Hey, guys!
How was your Easter weekend???

I went to a little Easter party with my family and I wore a new Spring dress I got from Forever 21 and I put my hair up on a loose updo a la Lauren Conrad:

Lauren Conrad

Give stuffy updos the boot and take a tip from Lauren Conrad, who wore a breezy chignon to the signing of her book, The Fame Game, in New York City. We love how the style gives off a carefree vibe, while the mirror-like shine and soft texture make it look polished. Her hairstylist Kristin Ess started by splitting hair into three sections, then prepped strands by spritzing on a light-hold hairspray to prevent slipping. Using a straight-line hair foundation, Ess rolled the back section of Conrad's strands into a loose bun, and secured the style with large bobby pins. "Drape the side sections over your bun, and if you need to, wrap them around a curling iron," Ess advised. "This allows the sections to blend seamlessly with the bun."

Do you like loose updos?

Love, Belle

9 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    And yes I love loose updos. I don't like my hair being all neat and perfect :P

    Nice blog, following :)
    Check out my blog:
    www.insomniastrikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, you must have looked so pretty!

    souvenirspourtoujours.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look of loose updos and i love lauren conrad! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh pretty!!!

    Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D
    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura: :)

    PurpleMist: Thank you! I'll check out your blog too!

    Awake My Soul: I hope so, lol.;)

    CC: :)

    Mimi: I love loose updos and Lauren too!;)

    Carrie: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loose updos are the best! :)

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee
    Fox House Giveaway

    ReplyDelete